The other day, I heard somebody use the term ‘memory bottle’. I had absolutely zero clue what it was supposed to be, as you probably are now. I actually still don’t really know what that person meant, but I will say that I made up something. Welcome to your scrapbook- in a bottle!
Basically, the idea here is to create a bottle. Every time you see something you want to remember, you take a picture, print it out, fold it up, and toss it into the memory bottle. That way, you have all your favorite things folded up inside a bottle, stored forever! Here’s how to make it…
1. An empty, cleaned out juice or water bottle. Preferably take one with a large opening at the top, and one that is solid and will last long. POM juice bottles are perfect for this.
2. Lots of permanent markers, with different colors.
3. A bracelet, key chain, or anything of the sort that you made yourself.
This is the idea for the project. I’m showing you exactly how I made MY bottle, and the directions center around that, but you can of course create your bottle in any way that you like. This is just a suggestion.
1. Flip the bottle to the side.
2. Take a permanent marker [dark blue] and start coloring towards the base.
3. Create a ring around the bottom of the bottle.
4. Take your bracelet/key chain/anything by you and slip it around the top of the bottle.
5. Stand the bottle upside-down. Take another color and color like this:
6. In the very center, use another color to fill up the space.
7. Take yet another color and think of your favorite symbol- it can be anything. Draw it towards the top of the bottle, and color it in.
8. Next, turn the bottle 180 degrees. Write your name in a cool kind of font or lettering. I stink at bubble lettering, but I tried…
And guess what? Your memory bottle is complete! Like I said before, this was just how I did it, but you can decorate your bottle in any way you wish- by taping up pictures, and gluing on things like buttons are just two different ways.